In this guide, we will show you how to add a direct debit payment method to a customer’s account. This should help in situations where the customer has a membership, but no payment method. For example a customer could have cancelled their direct debit my mistake, but still wish to continue their membership, and therefore will have to add new details.
Step by Step Guide
1. From the home page, go to the Customers module
2. Search for the Customer and click on their billing tab
3. Click on Add Direct Debit Instructions and enter the bank details
4. Tick 'The customer has confirmed that they are the account holder and are authorised to set up Direct Debit payments to this account'
5. Tick 'As a member of staff, I have take reasonable steps to ensure that the customer understands and agrees to the Direct Debit Guarantee'.
6. Click on Submit