In this guide, we will show you how to process a GDPR redaction for customer account.
This functionality can be useful when getting GDPR requests from customers.
Please note: This functionality is not enabled by default. If you would like it enabled, please submit a Zendesk ticket via our portal.
Before you can proceed with a GDPR redaction request, please ensure that you have the right permissions to do so.
You will need to toggle the 'Manage GDPR Deletion Requests' under the Customer's module. It will be ticked off by default. You will find it at the very bottom of the page.
For more information on how to configure permissions per role, please see our user guide here.
Step by step guide
- Search for the customer
- Go to the Personal Details Tab
- Click on Request Data Deletion
- Ensure that the Customer Account is Eligible for deletion based on the following prerequisites:
The customer has no ongoing memberships.
The customer is not paying for any ongoing joint memberships.
The customer has no upcoming bookings.
The customer has no outstanding penalties due.
- Select the Deletion date (will default to tomorrow's date unless changed) - you cannot select today's date and therefore the minimum timeline to process a GDPR deletion request is 24hrs.
- Click on 'Request Data Deletion'.
- Confirm that you understand that this is an irreversible action that will delete all of the customer's personal data from the system and permanently disable their account. Click on 'Request Data Deletion' again.
- You will see a pop up confirming that the record has been deleted.