This guide will show you how to schedule and send reports. You can schedule reports to be sent out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to be sent to specific recipients internally or externally. This can be useful if you need to generate the same report regularly. For example, if you need the Bookings Report every week. Scheduling it will save you from having to do it manually every week.
Before you schedule a report, you need first create a report.
Have you created a report yet? If not, you will first need to create one. Please refer to our Create a New Report article
1. From the home page, go to the Reporting Module
2. Select the report you wish to schedule and click on Schedule
Fill in all the following details
- Description (Optional)
- Type (Internal or External) - Internal means you can send it to users of Flow. External means to you can add email addresses including people that are not Flow users.
- Format (CSV or XLSX)
- Tick/ Untick restricted by recipient permissions
- Frequency (Daily, Weekly or Monthly)
- Day of the Week if weekly or day of the month if Monthly
- Add Internal Recipients from the dropdown and add the day(s) of the week (Monday-Sunday)/Month (1-31) if weekly or Monthly as well as the time of day. If daily, simply enter your preferred time.
The screenshot below shows that the report will be scheduled to be sent on the 3rd day of every month.
- Add the email addresses manually and separate them with a comma.
N.B: You can also use an SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) Location (optional) but it will need to be created first.
- Customise Email (Optional)
- Click on Create
3. You can run the report immediately, by selecting the 'Run Now' button, which will trigger the report to be sent immediately to the recipient's email.
4. This is a generic view of the emailed report. You can customise the email heading and body when scheduling the report.
N.B: As per the screenshot above, the Link to download the report is only valid for 2 days. It expires after that so please ensure that you click on the download link before it does. Alternatively, you can choose to send the scheduled report to an SFTP location instead.
5. Select the 'Download' button to download the file.
6. If you want to view all your scheduled reports, with your mouse, hover on the left column and click on Scheduled Reports
You can View, Edit or Delete them. You can also 'run them now'.