Release Date: May 10th 2023
Summary: Release 1.39.0
We resolved a number of issues around email notifications as our clients were keen to see these fixed to better the customer experience.
Block Bookings & Payments: A refresh
Block Booking Payments:
- Any payments due for the bookings must be paid before the activity takes place, otherwise the payment will become overdue, and the customer will receive an email, and be fined a penalty fee.
- Block bookings are the only activities that create overdue booking debt
- If one or more of the block booking recurrences are cancelled before or after the activity date then Flow will still expect these to be paid.
- Payments are not in arrears, payment must have been made before each activity. Customers don’t have to pay for all recurrences, this can be done incrementally.
- We do not support invoice payments. If a client wishes to manage payments off Flow via invoice they should charge £0.00 fees on Flow to avoid the aforementioned issues
Refunds for Cancellations
You can refund a block booking recurrence if it is already been paid. Therefore based on any client T&Cs, a refund could be issued for a cancelled recurrence.
Key Defects 🐞
Previously, a bug caused the ‘waiting list space’ notification email to display the Activity Category name instead of class name:
- e.g. Email Subject: Hurry! There's a space available in Fitness Classes for you to book now...
This has now been corrected, and the email displays the class name as expected:
- e.g. Email Subject: Hurry! There's a space available in Zumba fitness class for you to book now...
Similarly to the bug above, the ‘leave waiting list’ notification email previously displayed the Activity Category name instead of the class name:
- e.g. You have now been removed from the Fitness Classes waitlist…
This bug has now been resolved, and the email displays the class name as expected:
- e.g. You have now been removed from the Zumba fitness class waitlist…
500 error when viewing action log due to missing user
When navigating to the ‘Action Log’ in ‘Bulk Actions’, a 500 error appeared instead of loading the page.
This has now been resolved, and the ‘Action log’ is visible as expected.
When users selected ‘double capacity’ under ‘spaces’ when publishing a schedule, it wasn't applying due to a bug. We decided to remove the setting altogether as it causes confusion and isn’t compatible with split capacity.
As a result, the ‘double capacity’ setting will no longer be available for any new activity schedules. For any existing schedule utilising the feature, the setting will remain however it can be removed. For further details please review the table below:
|If a new activity schedule is created OR an existing unpublished schedule is edited
|When an existing published schedule is viewed OR edited
|If recurrence block is new OR already exists but the ‘double capacity’ setting was not used
|The ‘double capacity’ setting is not available
|The ‘double capacity’ setting is not visible
|If recurrence block already exists and the ‘double capacity’ setting was used
|The user can choose between keeping the current ‘double capacity’ setting OR to remove it Note: once removed, the action cannot be reversed
|The ‘double capacity’ setting will be visible BUT disabled Note: this is because behaviour can’t be changed on a schedule is already published