In this guide, we will show you how to remove the requirements for eligibility proof for memberships. If for any reason your business decides to make a change to remove the need for members to be required to upload eligibility documents in order to activate their chosen membership, the below steps will take you through how to achieve this. Dependant on your needs, we have outlined the steps involved for 3 scenarios below, however if you have a scenario that is not covered by the below please contact us.
Scenario 1 - Removing the Eligibility for specific Membership Types.
You would still like the eligibility criterion to be active for some memberships types, but you would like to remove the requirement for eligibility from a specific set of membership types.
Step step Guide
- From the home page, go to Memberships.
- Go to Membership Types
- Select the Membership you wish to change the criteria for and click on 'Edit'.
- Go to the advanced tab and change the Eligibility Criteria to None. Click Update.
- Repeat for each membership type as required.
- Existing customers with that membership type no longer need to upload eligibility
- New customers selecting that membership won’t be asked to upload
- Criterion is still active so can still be used to apply any existing and new membership types. (*Note: If you decide to re-apply the criterion to the membership type in the future, any existing customers with that membership type will be required to upload eligibility)
Scenario 2 - Making an Eligibility Criterion Inactive.
You would like to make the eligibility criterion inactive for memberships already assigned and no longer allow that eligibility criterion available to be applied to membership types.
- From the home page, go to the Memberships module.
- Go to Eligibility Management
- Go to Eligibility Criteria
- Select edit on the Eligibility Criterion you would like to update.
- Uncheck the Active box and click Update. This step means the eligibility criterion will no longer appear in the drop-down box for eligibility in the advanced settings for a membership type, therefore can no longer be applied to a new membership created or added to existing ones.
- Existing customers with a membership type that is associated to the inactive eligibility criterion will no longer need to upload eligibility
- New customers selecting that membership won’t be asked to upload eligibility documents.
- Criterion is now inactive so will no longer appear on the dropdown to apply against any existing and new membership types. (*Note: If you decide to re-activate the eligibility criterion by making it active again, any membership types that were previously assigned to that eligibility criterion will require any future or existing customers to upload eligibility).