In this guide, we will show you how to create a class activity template to schedule activities such as Zumba or Spin.
In this example, we will create a 45-minute Zumba activity template.
Before we start:
- Have you created an Activity Category for this activity? If yes, continue to step 1, if no, check out our How do I create an activity category guide here.
- Have you created a pricing option for this activity? If yes, continue to step 1, if no, check out our 'How to create a booking pricing option' guide here.
1. From the home page, go to the Activities module.
2. Go to the Templates section.
3. Click Create Class Template.
4. Enter a Reference and click Create - this is an internal-only name for this activity template.
5. Complete the fields on the General tab:
- Display name - A customer-friendly name for the activity.
- Activity Category - A top-level group for this activity type - i.e., Fitness Classes would also include the Zumba (45 minutes) activity schedule. Learn How to Create an Activity Category here.
- Pricing option - A pricing option that for this activity that decides how much your customers are charged. Learn How to Create a Booking pricing option here.
- Tags (Optional)
Default settings - these settings can be overwritten when configuring each schedule using this template (Except for the brief description, image and video that are only for OpenActive).
- Spaces - The default number of spaces per activity.
- Activity duration - The default duration per activity.
- Setup duration - The default setup duration before the activity i.e., how long does it take you to set up any equipment for this activity?
- Teardown duration - The default teardown duration after the activity i.e., how long does it take you to teardown any equipment for this activity?
6. Click the Update button at this stage!
7. Complete the fields on the Booking & Access tab:
- Default availability - The default availability for this booking i.e., online and offline means the activity can be booked via FOH and the customer bookings app.
- Allow customers to book activities created with this template at the same time as other bookings - Ticking this box allows customers to book into multiple activities at the same time as this one i.e., a customer can book into squash at 1 pm and their child into a creche booking at the same time.
- Allow anonymous bookings - Ticking this box allows FOH to make bookings for customers without an account.
- Pre-Booking notice - Here you can include any text you would like to show to the customer before they confirm the booking online.
- Minutes before the activity starts the user can still access the facility to attend - This allows the customer to gain access to the facility via turnstiles before the start of the booking.
- Minutes after the activity starts the user can still access the facility to attend - This allows the customer to gain access to the facility via turnstiles after the start of the booking.
8. Click the Update button again!
9. Confirm the penalties setting on the Advanced tab and click the Update button.
- No - if a customer cancels outside of the late cancellation period or does not attend will be subject to the global settings - Cancellation Cut-off Action & No-show penalty type.
10. Open Active - This will allow you to publish activities via Open Active
- Open Active enabled: Selecting Yes will enable this activity to be published on Open Active Websites.
- Activity References: Select up to 3.
- Gender Restriction: Select Female only, Male only or No restriction.
- Age Range: Enter an age bracket or leave as no minimum/no maximum.
- Facility Setting: Select an Indoor or Outdoor facility
- Accessibility information: Provide information on how certain disabilities can be supported.
- Accessibility Support: Specify the types of disabilities or impairments that can be supported at an event.
- Attendee instructions: Provide any instruction needed by the attendee, i.e, how to find the event.
- Activity Experience Levels: select Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced
- Virtual Coach: Select Yes, No or No Set.
- Confirm you want to make the changes and click on 'Save'.
11. And now the final step is to Publish your template. Find the template using the search bar and hit the green Publish button.
Next Step: Create a Class Schedule