In this guide, we will show you how to change a customer's home centre from the Memberships tab on their customer record.
Note: When changing a home centre, similar to when changing a membership, it will create a 'new membership' on the customer record.
Step by Step Guide
Search for a customer.
- Click on their Memberships tab.
- Select the Membership you wish to change the home centre for and click on 'Manage Membership'.
- Click on 'Change Home Centre'.
- Search for or select the new home centre you wish to change to.
This will display whether changing the home centre will keep the same price or not. If changing the home centre incurs an increase or decrease in prices but you would like to keep the customer on the same fee, you can check the 'Keep current membership fee' box to allow this customer to change home centre without the price increase (or decrease), for example if their current home centre is closed. You can also select the start date you want. It will be automatically default to the next day.
Note: You can change the home centre on the same day nor retrospectively.
- Click on 'continue'.
- You will see the 'New Membership' details. If you are happy with the changes, click on 'Confirm change'.
If keeping the current fee
If taking the new fee
If taking the new fee, once you have clicked on Confirm Change, it will direct you to the Front of House dashboard and prompt you to open a till if you haven't already and ask you to take the payment for the Pro-rata fee and Month in Hand fee if any.
- Once you have confirmed the changed (and paid any required fee if applicable), the 'New Membership' will now show with a future status until the next day or selected date where it will switch to active.
Example: Customer has requested to change their home centre from Dec 1st. Their current membership shows as active with a pending cancellation on November 30th. Their 'new membership' will show a 'future' status' and 'awaiting start date'.