This guide will show you how to create membership joining fee pricing options. This is the first step when creating a membership. You may need to create 3 pricing options, one for the joining fee (can be 0 if you want it to be free), one for paid in full (yearly) price and one reoccurring (monthly) price.
Step by step guide
From the home screen, select 'Pricing Option' Tab
Select the 'Pricing Option' tab again
Select 'Create Pricing Option' on the top right of the page
Fill in the fields for your Pricing Option and Click 'Create'
Reference: Unique reference to identify this pricing option. An underscore symbol is used to replace a space in this example but is purely for standardisation for this client. You do not need to use (_)
Price: This is the standard global price which can be adjusted on the next stage (see manage pricing option article below)
Friendly Name: This is the name the customers will see when purchasing an item.
GL Code: A string of alpha numeric characters assigned to an entry in the general ledger. E.G. GL Code 1010 could be the GL code for memberships.
Type: Choose 'Membership' ticket type.
5. Click on Manage Settings
Unless you want to change the Tax option, you can skip the General Tab as it will be pre-filled with the details you entered at the creation point.
Date Restriction (optional)
Active Start Date
Active End Date
Age Restriction (optional) - Tick if applicable
Gender Restriction (optional) - Tick whichever is applicable
- Activity Restriction (optional)
- Apply activity restrictions as well? (select 'Yes' if applicable)
- Restriction (if you selected Yes) - Select the Activity Restriction from the dropdown.
- Criteria - Select the criteria from the dropdown
- Membership Restriction - DO NOT USE (leave as is) for Membership Pricing Options or customers will not be able to purchase them.
- Click on 'Save'
Pricing Tab (Unless you want to add a price at Facility or Setting Group Level, you can skip this tab).
- Add a price on facility level if applicable. For example a fitness class at one facility may be cheaper than another.
A) From the centre drop-down, select the facility you wish to add a price to.
B) Click on Create New Price
C) Fill in the details (Price, Type, Time Bands, Dates etc.)
- Type (not applicable to Membership Pricing Options)
- Timeband (e.g., Peak, Off Peak...)
- Active Start Date (Optional)
- Active end Date (Optional)
D) Click on Save
D) Repeat for other venues/groups if needed.
Just as for the Pricing Tab, the adjustment tab allow you to create an adjustment at Facility, Group or Global Level.
A) Click on Create New Adjustment
Fill in the details accordingly and click on Create
- Name (Optional)
- Type: % Discount, Fixed Amount, Fixed Discount, Price
- Value: If you chose the type to be a fixed amount, you can enter a specific amount (i.e £2 discount) or if you chose the % discount type you can select the % discount from the drop down (i.e 5%).
- Membership Group (Optional): You can apply to all memberships or only certain ones.
- Membership Type (Optional): You can apply to all memberships or only certain ones.
- Timeband (Optional): Peak or Off-Peak
- Home Centre Override (Optional)
- Active start date (Optional): Date you wish the price changes to take effect from
- Active end date (Optional): Date you wish the price changes to end
N.B: If a customer has more than one membership and each membership offers a different discount for the same activity, the higher discount always wins EXCEPT when using the price override. The price override always wins even if a lesser discount.
It will then appear in the Adjustments tab. You can create as many as you want and edit or delete them when applicable
NB: If you wish to Add Adjustments to many pricing options at once, please refer to our Bulk Add Adjustments